RoGrid-NGI was created as an unique Romanian National Grid Initiative and also as part of the European Grid Infrastructure. It is based on the first Romanian Grid Consortium (established in 2002) - RoGrid.
RoGrid-NGI Consortium Agreement
- To increase awareness about the Romanian Grid activities and benefits among potential users;
- To encourage and facilitate the involvement of other interested and competent institutions nation wide;
- To support the development of the Romanian Grid integrated project as a consistent and coherent part of the European R&D activity in this field.
- Participation in FP7 Projects, such as EGI-InSPIRE as Joint Research Unit including four member organisations: ICI, UPB, INCAS and UB;
- Polytechnic University of Bucharest (UPB)
- National Institute for Aerospace Research - "Elie Carafoli" (INCAS)
- University of Bucharest (UB)
- Technical University of Cluj-Napoca (UTCN)
- Western University of Timisoara (WUT)
- University of Pitesti (UPIT)
Prof. Doina BANCIU
General Director ICI Bucharest
RoGrid-NGI Consortium Coordinator
EGI-InSPIRE Local Project Coordinator